The time now is 09/01/14 - 09:44

JOIN RunningForums NOW!
FAQ Search    Articles Register Log in

Garmin 301 vs 305

www.runningforums.com Forum Index -> Starting Line

FDNY517
PostPosted: 01/23/06 - 14:03    Post subject: Garmin 301 vs 305
Anyone have either one of these. I heard the 305 can map out your route on your computer. Any help would be great.
runswithscissors
PostPosted: 01/23/06 - 14:08    Post subject:
I believe the 201 can do that as well as the 301 and 305. Jrjo?
Davo
PostPosted: 01/23/06 - 23:13    Post subject:
I have the 301, and it is excellent. As far as I can tell, the 301 has everything the 305 has except for a more sensitive GPS receiver (which would be really nice), better HRM, and a little more data display capability. The Forerunner has been a key part of my outdoor running revival. I don't use it as much as I used to because I run the same courses, but for new courses and skating/biking, I love having it.
HYPERASHEL
PostPosted: 01/27/06 - 18:44    Post subject:
Davo wrote:
I have the 301, and it is excellent. As far as I can tell, the 301 has everything the 305 has except for a more sensitive GPS receiver (which would be really nice), better HRM, and a little more data display capability. The Forerunner has been a key part of my outdoor running revival. I don't use it as much as I used to because I run the same courses, but for new courses and skating/biking, I love having it.

did i hear skating??? Mr. Green the 301 and the 305 are virtually the same capabilties, the 305 is just the lastest tech on them. Garmin has bought or partnered with ( the articles and news are conflicting) with Montion Mased which allows the cources to be downloaded. I really need to get my 201 but into working order and sell it with my other GPS and get the 305.
Davo
PostPosted: 01/27/06 - 21:49    Post subject:
I don't think you heard it, though you may have seen it. Mr. Green

I sometimes inline skate to mix things up a little bit. It works many muscles that running doesn't, so it offers a nice alternative workout. I'd rather spend a couple hours skating on a nice day than a half hour running.
jrjo
Gone Fishin
PostPosted: 01/30/06 - 11:51    Post subject:
runswithscissors wrote:
I believe the 201 can do that as well as the 301 and 305. Jrjo?

There's a forerunner yahoo group with great info..
http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/GarminF/
I've read before about peeps using the 201 to download the gps mapping and dropping it into map programs.
For instance, here's one of my fav loops and how the 201 maps it. With another 3rd party software it can be dropped onto an actual road map... haven't done it myself, but you get the gist of it.
Davo
PostPosted: 01/30/06 - 22:15    Post subject:
The 301's training software adds street information. It's not the greatest, but gives you a good idea where you are.

Here is one of my favorite workouts ever, done on inline skates:
Floridaboiler
POTFH
PostPosted: 02/10/06 - 21:49    Post subject:
Dang,
Those things are getting fancy. I was looking at getting the 200 series for my birthday. I don't really need the hrm since I have never tried training with it.
WindsweptEmma
PostPosted: 01/21/09 - 06:07    Post subject:
The improvement from the Forerunner 201 to 205 and the improvement from the Forerunner 301 to 305 is undeniable. There is a more accurate GPS chipset which means you won't lose signal in urban areas or under canopy cover. The GPS antenna is wrapped around your wrist, giving it a better picture of the sky for aquiring satellites, making it more accurate as well. The strap itself is more comfortable, the screen is bigger and shows you more information, and the later models boast undoubtedly more attractive looks.
pchieng
PostPosted: 02/23/09 - 01:21    Post subject:
Davo wrote:
I don't think you heard it, though you may have seen it. Mr. Green

I sometimes inline skate to mix things up a little bit. It works many muscles that running doesn't, so it offers a nice alternative workout. I'd rather spend a couple hours skating on a nice day than a half hour running.

I didn't know people still inline skate, but it's good to hear that it works out many muscles that running doesn't. I might have to take up skating again Smile

Trail Running Blog
runningman26
PostPosted: 04/06/09 - 12:40    Post subject: Another Shopper
I've been shopping for one as well. I had my eye on the Garmin Forerunner 305. From the product description there, it doesn't say you are able to map your routes on the computer, but it does have a post-workout analysis software. Anyone own a 305 that can tell us how good this software is?
Zubairjani
PostPosted: 07/14/11 - 02:25    Post subject:
I am believe on just 301.
win785scv
PostPosted: 09/05/11 - 07:54    Post subject: Very nice post Phillip!
this is nice idea thanks indeed for sharing it

www.runningforums.com Forum Index -> Starting Line

Page 1 of 1